Welcome to TSOLPFMBI, based in Auckland, New Zealand.
The Society of Low Power FM Broadcasters Incorporated (The Society) was formally registered on 30th August 2004.
The Society exists to foster and promote generally the welfare of, and assist, guide, preserve and advance the interests of LPFM Broadcasters in all things relating to Low Power broadcasting.
- Liaising, negotiating, dealing with, advising, and making representation to the government and other authorities over matters relating to LPFM broadcasting
- Facilitating and promoting frequency co-operation and co-ordinating use of the available spectrum for LPFM Broadcasting.
- Acting for the central point of contact for LPFM Broadcasters and interested parties.
- Maintaining a register of LPFM Operators and transmission details.
- Working to resolve interference issues and assisting in resolving disputes
- Providing publicly accessible educational information on the use of Low Power Broadcasting.
If you operate an existing LPFM station, are planning to set up your own low power station or just want to chat to a group of low power broadcasters you are most welcome to attend our monthly meeting and become a member.
We meet on the fourth Tuesday of every month (except December and January), assemble at 7:00p.m. for 7:30p.m. start. Meetings are held at Auckland VHF Group Inc. club rooms, Hazel Street (at the end on the left, ample off street parking) in Mt. Roskill. We have a varied membership with a wide range of skills from technical to production. Some of our members include well known presenters who are currently on national commercial radio. Check the news ticker at the top right hand side of this page for upcoming meeting dates and times.
So why not drop in one Tuesday night and give us a visit?
We aim to have the meetings over early so members and guests can mingle, share concerns and chat over various aspects of low power broadcasting in New Zealand.
Cheers and kind regards, Gareth Parker, Chairman, TSOFLPFMBI (E) firstname.lastname@example.org